Every last Thursday of each month, we aim to have an English Wine Tasting event at The Grapevine in Rye, hosted by Brian Lockie.
On this page you can purchase tickets to the event and read more about our English Wine expert, Brian Lockie.
Our Upcoming Events:
RWJC – Amarone della Valpolicella, Roccolo Grassi – 2015£66.50 Add to cart
RWJC – Amarone della Valpolicella ‘Punta 470’, Ca’Rugate – 2015£45.00 Add to cart
RWJC – 10 Year Old Tawny Port, Douro (Gift box), Barros – NV£22.50 Add to cart
About Brian Lockie (Wine Tutor)
Brian has had a long-term interest in wine but started his professional wine journey having created Top Shelf Wine Services around 12 years ago at the English Wine Centre where he joined the small existing tasting team as a freelance tutor, later moving on to becoming the lead wine tutor for eight of those years. Throughout that time, he has amassed a vast knowledge of the history of English Wine and has closely followed the growth and development of the current vineyards which make today’s excellent English vintages and enhance the reputation of English Wine.
Having studied at the Wine and Spirit Education Trust and at Berry Brothers and Rudd Wine School, Brian has further developed a wide range of international knowledge and could possibly claim to be one of very few people who has delivered an English wine tasting event in France – in stuttering French – and a French wine tasting event in England in thankfully much better English!
He has had considerable experience in leading these events both domestically and internationally and along with many private bars, restaurants, clients and events, his list of corporate clients includes:
- American Express Director’s Conference
- Anglo – Swedish Trade Delegation
- Barclays Bank Wealth Management Division
- British Medical Association Wine Society
- British Airways Cabin Crew Wine Club
- Copenhagen Wine Society
- Ditchling Wine Society
- Estee Lauder Beauty Consultants Conference
- French Champagne Producers Delegation
- HSBC Private Client Event
- Isle of man Food and Drink Society
- Oslo Airport Duty Free Shop Staff
- Rottingdean Wine Society
- St. James’s Place Wealth Management Clients
- Stockholm Wine Club
- The Hotel Inspector – Channel 5
- South East at Six – BBC
- Radio 4 – BBC
- Seahaven FM – Local Radio
- Sussex Business Times – Feature articles on Top Shelf Wine Services “Dinner with a Difference” product.
Wine Tuition & Tasting from 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- Complimentary drink upon arrival.
- English wine tasting & tuition by Brian Lockie.
- Tasting of 6 local wines.
- Complimentary cheese, meat and charcuterie boards.
- Complimentary membership to our Loyalty Card Programme.
- All bottle take away purchases to be discounted on the night.
- Members discount on future monthly tasting events.
- Stay and enjoy live music by Mick Bolton, ex-Mott the Hoople & Dexy’s Midnight Runners.
Come and learn about some exquisite locally produced English wines!
Join Brian and Oli to savour some local wines from the heart of the English wine region. Brian Lockie, from Top Shelf Wines, has personally selected a number of award winning wines from Sussex, Kent and Hampshire, for you to sample and enjoy.
Oliver Kinsley and Brian Lockie
Oli from The Great British Wine Company and Brian, of Top Shelf Wines, invite you to join them at the Grapevine in Rye, to sample a selection of some great local English wines. The wine tasting will be presented by Brian who will skillfully guide you through the tastings, while encouraging you to analyse and identify the subtle flavours.
The Grapevine Champagne & Jazz Bar, Conduit Hill, Rye. TN31 7LE
‘An intimate lounge, secluded from the bustling high street, feeling like a world away’ is why we decided The Grapevine would be the most appropriate venue for us to host our monthly English Wine tastings. With candle lit tables and gentle jazz in the background, this champagne bar provides the perfect setting for the event.
Live Music from 8.30pm to 11.30pm
An evening with Mick Bolton ex Mott the Hoople & Dexys Midnight Runners
Cocktails available by Chris Cogan